Monday, May 01, 2006

12 / Will the summer make good for all of our sins?


Fear blew somewhere in the faraway now, this fear that had gripped my breathing when I lay in bed at night. Watching the storm window. I just could not put down my telescope anymore and kept imaging my teeth breaking. I was having violent dreams where me and the other kids would commit horrible acts and then run away in guilt. I needed to put down my telescope, so I walked down to the sea. My boots were full of fog. Lying on a rock, I stuck my head in the cold water. From under the waves that kissed my shoulders, I could hear it's faint bells drifting closer.
But would the summer make good for all of our sins?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like i'm fine on my own,
    Fifty thousand miles from home..
    Sometimes I'm weak and the past is my guide,
    Summer returns and puts you back on my mind..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope there's someone who'll set my heart free
    Nice to hold when I'm tired
    There's a ghost on the 'rizon
    When I go to bed
    How can I fall asleep at night
    How will I rest my head?
    Oh I'm scared of the middle place
    Between light and nowhere
    I don't want to be the one
    Left in there, left in there

    ReplyDelete