Thursday, May 18, 2006

32 / It's only a dream!

Lola?
Hm?
What would you do if I died?
I wouldn't let you die.
Yeah, well... What if I were fatally ill?
I'd find a way.
What if I were in a coma, and the doc said, "One more day"?
I'd throw you into the ocean... shock therapy!
What if I were dead anyway?
What do you want to hear?
Come on! Tell me.
I'd go to the Isle of Rugen and cast your ashes to the wind.
And then?
I don't know. It's a stupid question.
I know what you'd do. You'd forget me.
No!
Sure you would. What else could you do? Sure, you'd mourn for a few weeks. Not a bad idea. And everybody's real compassionate... and everything's so incredibly sad, and everyone feels sorry for you. You can show everyone how strong you are. "What a great woman," they'll say. "She really pulls herself together instead of crying all day." And all at once this really nice guy with green eyes shows up. And he's super sensitive, listens to you all day. And you can talk his ear off. And you can tell him how tough things are for you... and that you have to look after yourself and don't know what's gonna happen... and blah, blah, blah. Then you'd hop onto his lap and cross me off your list. That's how it goes.
Manni?
What?
You haven't died yet..

1 comment:

  1. Jeden Tag, jede Sekunde triffst Du eine Entscheidung, die Dein Leben verändern kann.

    ReplyDelete